Everybody is preparing for summer by extra dieting, making a few additional push-ups, bringing their hair and body back in style.
However many people forget all too easily about their home.
Homes too should be prepared for summer to bring in the fresh rays of the sun and warm air that will replace the stuffiness of the previous months' temperature.
Here are some of the tips that will help you decorate your home with summer in mind, by adding extra color, changing the style and modernizing the looks of your rooms.
- One image that everyone has about summer is full of light and bright.
This is the brightness we want to bring in our rooms as well.
We want to lighten up the room and freshen it up as well.
One of the easiest ways to achieve just that is by repainting the walls in the hallway or 1-2 rooms.
This year light lemon yellow and blue sky are in fashion again.
- If you have older dying plants that are just begging to put them out of their misery, now is the time to bring new life into your home.
Get rid of those old brown plants and buy fresh, new ones from your local flower nursery.
- Another way to lighten up any room is by adding a lot of extra white in various shades.
There are many things that you can whiten, including changing your previous curtains to fluffy white, or painting some of those kitchen chairs to white.
White is an evergreen color that never goes out of fashion, so why not use it to make your home ready for summer?
- Let's discuss a bit about the bathroom area.
Now it's also the time to change those old shower curtains and replace them with some fresh ones with bright and light flower motifs on them.
I have at home the Martha Stewart Sunflower Fields curtains and they truly bring out the light in my bathroom.
- An additional room that you can easily prepare for summer is the bedroom.
Use a couple of fresh and modern patterned bed sheets.
Animal print patterns are in style right now, such as the zebra or giraffe patterns.
Also you can get a set of matching colors in your window treatments for the bedroom.